Powered By Blogger

Me

Me

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Possible choices

Where to start, there are many topics to choose from, but i narrowed them down to three choices for my paper. First topic i thought that was interesting is if violence in video games correlates to violent people. I don't beleive there is enough factual evidence on these games creating violent people, but I would like to research more maybe and find out if what I beleive is right or if I am right. I think it would be interesting to see the numbers and statistics on this very controversal issue, but its not too far from home for me because I play violent games and have since I was ten.
Another subject that I thought would be intriging is to see if children reading less and more into technology better for our youths. I do not believe so even though I would be considered in that group because I am guilty of reading only what I have to or something in newspaper about sports. I have started reading more now that I know how much it helps you intellectually. So I want to do a study on this because I am interested of finding out the results.
The last and final choice that made it into my cut was the visuals in the media leading to depression in teens. This is not something I ever experienced, but I know how certain things can shape peoples views on each other based on what there use to seeing. Also I thought it would be interesting to find out if this is something that really does contribute to the teens depression or is it just biological depression. I want to also find out how much of a difference it is from men to women in the teen depression from pictures in media.

4 comments:

  1. I think you would have an easier time finding information for your first topic. Your second topic was actually just in the news with the findings that Baby Einstein doesn't really help kids as much as they advertise. Either the first or second topic I think would be the most interesting and probably have the most supporting evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lIke your first topic because i'm also thinking about doing the same thing. I think its a very intresting topic there lots of information about video game violence. It would be easy to prove and find information about his topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you seem more attached to the first topic,i think it's an interesting topic and you will find lots of information on that.so i think you will write a good paper on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the second topic is very interesting and different than many of the other topics. It would also be nice to see whether technology either helps or hinders our learning. I think the third topic would also be a good one to talk about. Not many realize how many people are affected by depression (especially teens).

    ReplyDelete